1. Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten is a partnership. The firm is registered with the Chamber of Commerce
under number 64576116. The lawyers of Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten are registered in the Netherlands
with the Dutch Bar Association in The Hague, telephone: +31 (0)70 335 35 35, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Assignments are accepted only by an individual partner. Article 7:407 paragraph 2 and Article 7:409, paragraph
2 of the Dutch Civil Code shall not apply. Liability of partners not involved in the assignment and employees of
Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten is excluded.
3. Execution of assignments is done exclusively for the benefit of the client. Third parties cannot derive any rights.
Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten is entitled to periodically change its rates.
4. These terms and conditions apply to all agreements entered into with Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten or
any of its partners or employees, (continued) assignments or work performed by them, regardless of the capacity
in which a service is provided. These terms and conditions shall also apply with regards to any third parties
engaged by Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten in the performance of an assignment.
5. If the result or content of the work carried out by Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten is given to any third party,
the client shall indicate to that third party that the work was carried out under these terms and conditions. If that
third uses the result or content of the work carried out by Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten in any way, that third
party shall be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten can, in the execution of assignements, engage any third party.
Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten will select and engage such third party with due care. Van Rappard Minneboo
Advocaten is hereby authorized, also on behalf of the client, to accept any limitations of liability, jurisdiction and
choice of law clauses of such a third party. Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten, its partners and employees are
not liable for any act or omission by such third party.
7. Any liability of Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten, its partners or employees, insofar not excluded, shall be
limited to the sum of the amount paid under the professional liability insurance and the amount of the policy
excess (eigen risico). This insurance has a maximum coverage of EUR 1.000.000. If no payment is made under
the insurance, the liability of Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten is limited to the fees charged in connection with
the assignment, with a maximum of EUR 15.000.
8. The client shall indemnify Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten, its partners and employees against any liability
above the liability as limited in article 7 as well as against all third party claims (including reasonable legal costs
and fees). All claims against Van Rappard Minneboo Lawyers, its partners or employees expire (vervallen) six
months after the client or a third party was or could have been aware of the facts resulting in the liability of Van
Rappard Minneboo Advocaten.
9. For the execution of an assignment, the client is due the agreed fee, plus disbursements and
VAT. Disbursements are costs actually incurred by Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten on behalf of the
client. Invoices are sent monthly or depending on the progress of the assignement. The payment period is
14 days from the date of the invoice. Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten may require an advance payment. The
activities may be suspended until the advance is paid.
10. Van Rappard Minneboo Advocaten is affilliated with the procedure for Complaints and Disputes
Legal Profession. More information is available on: https://www.advocatenorde.nl. The relationship between Van
Rappard Minneboo Advocaten and the client is governed by Dutch law. Insofar the procedure for Complaints and
Disputes Legal Profession does not apply, the competent court in Amsterdam shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
These terms and conditions have been drafted in Dutch and English. The Dutch text shall prevail. These terms
and conditions have been led with the Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam under reference: 64576116.
11. These terms and conditions have been drafted in Dutch and English. The Dutch text shall prevail. These
terms and conditions have been led with the Chamber of Commerce in
Amsterdam under reference: 64576116.
12. In case of complaints the client is requested to firstly address the lawyer handling the specific matter. If this
does not lead to a solution of the complaint, the client may submit the complaint to the complaint officer, Mr. G.F.
van Rappard. If the complaint concerns him, or if he is not available, the complaint may be submitted to the
alternative complaint officer, Mr. J.R. Minneboo.
13. After the receipt of a complaint, the complaint officer will discuss the complaint with the relevant lawyer or
staff member and will give both parties the opportunity to express their views regarding the complaint.
14. The complaint officer will handle the complaint within a month after receipt of the complaint and will sent its
opinion, with or without recommendations, to both parties in writing. If it is not possible to handle the complaint
within a month, the complaint officer will notify both parties stating the reasons for the delay and setting a term
within which the complaint will be handled.
15. If the complaints procedure leads to a satisfactory solution of the complaint, an agreement detailing said
solution will be concluded in writing and will be signed by both parties and the complaints officer.
16. Complaints must be submitted within three months of the date on which the complainant became aware, or
could reasonably have become aware, of the acts or omissions that gave rise to the complaint.
17. No fees will be charged for the handling of the complaint.