Mobile: +31 (0)6 813 565 05
Roald Minneboo advises and litigates primarily in the area of information technology, intellectual property and contract law.
Roald, who has a Master in civil- and procedural law from the University of Leiden and a Master Industrial Engineering from the University of Twente, is one of the very few Dutch attorneys who combines a technical background with legal expertise and who has knowledge of complex technical problems at the intersection of technology and law.
After having worked for a leading Dutch telecom company, Roald began his legal career at the international law firm NautaDutilh, where he predominantly practiced IT-law and commercial contract-law. Subsequently, Roald became in-house counsel at a major Dutch insurance company where he advised the Board of Directors on company law and on innovation and technology-related legal disputes and proceedings.
Roald has extensive experience in the full spectrum of legal IT services, intellectual property law and company law and advises and assists companies in disputes, proceedings and negotiations about, e.g, software, cloud computing and privacy. Roald, furthermore, has over 10 years of experience with complex negotiations.
Roald graduated from the post-academic specialist course Information Technology (Grotius) in 2011 and is a member of the Dutch Association of Information Technology and Law (NVvIR).
Roald handled, among many others, the following issues:
- Various negotiations and disputes regarding (cloud)software licenses; for example: SAP, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Pegasystems, HP.
- Outsourcing of various business processes in the areas of logistics, facilitating management, retail and IT.
- Legal assistance to BMW Netherlands regarding infringement of model rights.
- Drafting and negotiating joint venture agreement regarding offshore production.
- Legal assistance in various automation disputes (District Court; Court of Appeal and the Foundation for the Resolution of ICT Disputes (SGOA). For example:
– Representation of a customer at the cancellation of a failed software implementation agreement (SGOA).
– Legal assistance in the demanding of the source code from an escrow services company because of alleged infringement (Amsterdam Court of Appeal).
- Defending a software supplier against a claim made by a disappointed customer (District Court).
- Representing an insurance company regarding the alleged liability for unlawful termination of an agreement (District Court).
- Defending an insurance company against a claim of damages as a result of a failed cooperation.
- Legal assistance to High Point in the Netherlands regarding patents developed by Bell Labs, which patents describe fundamental elements of the CDMA-networks and the accompanying infrastructure apparatus (District Court).
- The representation of Impliva in a legal proceeding against Senz regarding the validity of a Dutch patent with regard to wind screens (District Court).
- Representation of Magaldi in an infringement proceeding against Clyde Bergemann regarding a patent on a system for the extraction of ashes from a boiler (District Court).