Mobile: +31 (0)6 163 564 63
Godert van Rappard predominantly litigates and advises companies in the area of intellectual property and contracts.
After Godert specialized in intellectual property law at the University of Amsterdam in 2006, he started his career as an attorney at the international law firm NautaDutilh, where he mainly worked in the areas of intellectual property and contract-law.
In 2010, Godert started his own law firm which concentrated entirely on intellectual property law and contract law. From 2010 until 2015, Godert was also a legal advisor of the Dutch Copyright Supervisory Authority which is charged with the supervision of a great number of collective management organizations in the Netherlands.
Godert has extensive experience in litigating intellectual property rights, provides his clients with advice on legal proceedings, and drafts and negotiates various contracts.
Godert is a member of the Dutch Copyright Association and of the Benelux Association of Trademark and Design Law.
In practicing law, Godert focused, among others, on the following issues and proceedings:
- Several Copyright and trademark (opposition) proceedings on behalf of clothing brand WE (District Court, OHIM, BOIP).
- International licensing for an international non-profit organization of their training programs for businesses in third world countries.
- Various trademark proceedings on behalf of Westland, a cheese brand in the Netherlands, regarding their well-known trademark “Old Amsterdam” (District Court).
- Legal support to a German copyright organization regarding the illegal showing of movies, (District Court).
- Legal assistance to a Dutch private bank regarding the infringement of their trademark and trade name.
- Trademark and trade name infringement proceedings on behalf of a shipping company (District Court).
- Advising on the infringement of trademark and trade name rights regarding hair transplants.
- Defending an international supplier of LED-lighting accused of trademark and patent infringement.
- Drafting model licenses and terms and conditions for the use of software which allows independent treatment centers to process patient information.
- Drafting a worldwide applicable model-franchise agreement for a supplier of on-pack promotion materials.
- Providing legal advice to an organizer of talent shows regarding the alleged copyright and trademark infringements of a tv-format by a production company.